Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Halloween Nail Art


It is almost Halloween, and since I do not get free candy anymore it is difficult for me to get into the Halloween spirit. Therefore, I painted my nails to get that spooky Halloween feel. Here are the steps to achieve this spiderweb nail art:
1. Apply scotch tape to the nail, leaving the tips uncovered by the tape. (I put my tips at a diagonal, however do what you like best)
2. Use white nail polish (here I used Snow White by Sinful Colors), and paint the tips white. Let the nail polish dry, then take the tape off your nails.
3. Paint semi-vertical lines to make the base of the spiderweb. I found it easiest to use a small paintbrush. However, you can use a tooth pick, bobby pin, or nail art pen.
4. Connect the lines by small U shaped lines.
5. Apply a top coat.


The end will look something like the photograph above. I apologize, I took this photograph after a day of midterms, therefore some of the design is chewed/chipped off slightly.


Here is some more Halloween inspired nail art:
Sources: Spider WebsGreen DripMarble Halloween















No comments:

Post a Comment